Deadline reminder of call for proposals for 2019 SPSSI-SASP Small Group Conference in North America or Australasia
– NOTE FLEXIBILITY ABOUT LOCATION!
A reminder that proposals/Letters of Interest are invited by **April 30, 2018** for the 2019 small group conference meeting jointly sponsored by the Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues (SPSSI) and the Society of Australasian Social Psychologists (SASP). Proposals are expected for a small conference meeting to take place in North America OR in Australasia in 2019.
Successful meetings were held in 2017 in Melbourne, in 2016 in Ottawa and in 2015 in Brisbane. The upcoming 2018 meeting will be held in Philadelphia.
Those interested in submitting a proposal for the 2019 meeting have the option of planning the small group meeting as a pre-conference or post-conference event around the SASP conference in Sydney in April 2019 or the SPSSI conference in North America, but this is certainly not essential. Feedback/decisions to this round of proposals/letters of interest will be provided to applicants by June 15, 2018.
A total of $7,000 in support is available for each meeting as part of a collaboration between SPSSI and SASP. The purpose of the collaboration is to help strengthen links between the two organizations so that members of each may have opportunities to discuss research questions of mutual interest. This new series is modeled after the successful SPSSI-EASP small group conference series.
Conference Proposal Guidelines:
- This program will support one meeting a year.
- Conference themes will be related to social issues and have international relevance (i.e.,not focused on intra-national issues).
- At least 80% of persons attending the conference will be members of one or both organizations
- Representation from the two societies will be balanced: with no more than two-thirds of the participants being members of one of the organizations.
- Each conference will have two (or more) organizers; at least one will be a member of SPSSI and one a member of SASP. Preferably one organizer will be located in Australasia and the other in North America.
- Conference organizers are encouraged to facilitate publication of material on the conference topic through the Journal of Social Issues or SPSSI’s book series.
Please see the SPSSI / SASP websites for additional details and updates:
Those interested in submitting a proposal are strongly encouraged to send a short email with an Expression of Interest to David Livert (firstname.lastname@example.org)and Stefania Paolini (email@example.com) so that we can answer any questions and provide assistance in developing your proposal.
Stefania Paolini (University of Newcastle) and David Livert (Penn University)
Small Group Conference representatives