Applications for the EASP summer school at Limerick, Ireland, August 6-19, 2012 for SASP students are now open.
Four SASP students will be selected by the SASP executive committee. After notifications, successful applicants can also apply for travel support grants to attend the EASP summer school.
Please note that postgraduate students who have already participated in a previous EASP summer school are not eligible to apply.
The 2012 EASP Summer School will be hosted by the Department of Psychology and the Centre for Social Issues Research, at the University of Limerick, in Ireland. The EASP Summer School will be located on the University of Limerick campus. More information can be found on the Limerick summer school website.
There are five workshops:
- Workshop 1: Groups, identity, and health
Teachers: Alex Haslam (University of Exeter, UK) & Stephen Gallagher (University of Limerick, Ireland)
- Workshop 2: Morality in self, emotion, and social relations
Teachers: Colin Wayne Leach (University of Connecticut, USA) & Patricia M. Rodriguez Mosquera (Wesleyan University, USA)
- Workshop 3: Intergroup Relations: Different identities -> Different psychologies for ethnic minorities and national majorities?
Teachers: Karen Phalet (University of Leuven, Belgium) & Anca Minescu (University of Limerick, Ireland)
- Workshop 4: ‘The space between us’: The role of intergroup boundaries in shaping social inclusion, integration, and well-being.
Teachers: John Dixon (Lancaster University, UK), Kevin Durrheim (University of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa) & Orla Muldoon (University of Limerick, Ireland)
- Workshop 5: When is life meaningful? Social cognitive processes underlying inferences of meaninglessness and meaningfulness
Teachers: Leonard L. Martin (University of Georgia, USA) & Eric R. Igou (University of Limerick, Ireland)