We chose Quality Hotel Noah’s on the Beach in Newcastle East as the conference venue for SPSSI-SASP 2019 because of its ocean view conference facilities, friendly staff, its mid-range costs, and its proximity to public transport. As the climate is excellent, in April/May you will still be able to have a swim in the ocean and in the evening enjoy one of the many restaurants, cafes, wine bars and evening entertainments that are walking distance from the conference hotel.
Quality Hotel Noah’s on the Beach
29 Zaara St
Newcastle NSW 2300
tel:+61 2 4929 5181
We have secured discounted rates for conference delegates and accompanying parties at the conference venue. All rooms are equipped with free high-speed wireless internet and air conditioning, and are non-smoking. If you can afford it, try one of the ocean-view rooms. You will not be disappointed. More details about rooms can be found here.
• AUD$170.00 – Standard Rooms
• AUD$185.00 – Harbour View Rooms
• AUD$205.00 – Low Ocean View Rooms
• AUD$215.00 – Mid Ocean View Rooms
• AUD$230.00 – High Ocean View Rooms
NB: All prices are in Australian dollars (AUD$). All rates quoted are ‘Room-Only’ and for standard number of occupants. Rooms are subject to availability: They will be available on a first come, first served basis. You will need to quote the “SASP-SPSSI 2019 Conference” and the room prices above when making your booking to enjoy the discounted rate.
Other accommodation options
If you would prefer to stay elsewhere, Newcastle has a wide variety of accommodation options, ranging from budget to luxury. NB: All prices below are in Australian dollars (AUD$).
Local favourites include:
• Clarendon Hotel: 347 Hunter St – Boutique accommodation in the heart of Newcastle. From $145 per night, rated #6 of #26 hotels in Newcastle.
• Crown on Darby Street: 101 Darby St – Spacious, comfortable, luxury serviced apartments and exceptional customer service. From $230 per night, rated #2 of #26 hotels in Newcastle.
• Hotel Delany: 134 Darby St – The 5 relaxed rooms come with flat-screen TVs, tea and coffee making facilities, and mini fridges. From $135 per night, rated #21 of #26 hotels in Newcastle.
• Ibis Newcastle: 700 Hunter St – Comfortable rooms with flat-screen TV in Newcastle’s Honeysuckle Precinct. From $135 per night, rated #12 of #26 hotels in Newcastle.
• Merewether Motel: 231 Glebe Rd – Just a 3-minute drive from Merewether Beach, guests enjoy free WiFi and BBQ facilities. From $130 per night, rated #4 of #26 hotels in Newcastle.
• Newcastle Beach Hotel: 21 Parnell Pl –2km from Newcastle Beach and 5 minutes’ walk from the historic Fort Scratchley, this modest hotel is 28km from Newcastle Airport. From $110 per night, rated #24 of #26 hotels in Newcastle.
• Newcastle Beach YHA Hostel: Cnr King St, 30 Pacific St – Opposite Newcastle Beach, and right in the centre of town, this friendly YHA is perfect for backpackers looking for affordable accommodation. From $42 per night, rated #5 of specialty hotels in Newcastle.
• Novotel Newcastle Beach: 5 King St – Sophisticated rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows. Many have harbour views, and room service is available 24/7. From $254 per night, rated #5 of #26 hotels in Newcastle.
• The Burwood Inn: 77 Berner St – These basic rooms have desks, free Wi-Fi and 4 shared bathrooms. Free continental breakfast. From $80 per night, rated #10 of #31 B&Bs in Newcastle.
• The Grand Hotel: 32 Church St – This storied pub and hotel features a wraparound wrought iron balcony and is a 4-minute walk from the beach. From $130 per night, rated #13 of #26 hotels in Newcastle.
• The Lucky Hotel: 237 Hunter St – Unique boutique rooms featuring modern and tasteful furnishings, and ensuite bathrooms. From $145 per night, rated #3 of #26 hotels in Newcastle.
• Travelodge Hotel: 12 Steel St – Unfussy rooms offer free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, iPod docks and safes, as well as sitting areas and kitchenettes. From $104 per night, rated #16 of #26 hotels in Newcastle.