It is with great please that we invite you to attend our annual symposium, the Brisbane Symposium on Self and Identity (BSSI).
The BSSI will be held from 9am to 5pm on Saturday September 1 in the Terrace Room, Level 6 of the Sir Llew Edwards Building (building no 14), St. Lucia campus, Brisbane.
This symposium brings together people who are actively involved in research in social psychology or related disciplines. It is a forum for the exchange of ideas, the discussion of theoretical and conceptual issues, presentation of current research, and the establishment and strengthening of formal research connections in this field.
This year, the symposium is again sponsored and organised by the Centre for Research in Social Psychology (CRiSP) at the School of Psychology, University of Queensland. This is a free event and lunch and refreshments will be provided. In the evening, there will be the traditional symposium party (with food, nibbles, wine and other drinks provided) at Fiona Barlow’s house. Directions will be provided at the event.
Even though this is a free event, you will need to register to be able to attend.To register, please email Katherine Greenaway () by August 20.
There are 8 papers acting as foci for discussion and we are very proud to present the following local, interstate and overseas speakers:
1. Janeen Baxter, University of Queensland
2. Eddie Harmon-Jones, University of New South Wales
3. Andrew Livingstone, University of Stirling
4. Barbara Masser, University of Queensland
5. Rachel McDonald, University of Queensland
6. Tyler Okimoto, University of Queensland
7. Daniel Skorich, Australian National University
8. Lisa Williams, University of New South Wales
For further details or questions please contact the organisers: Katherine Greenaway () or Jolanda Jetten ().